What to bring on your screening day:
For Identification and Verification Purpose, please bring your NRIC (for Singaporeans) or Passport/Employment Pass/Work Permit/Visit Pass (for Foreigners) and the
Health Screening registration form, as well as the Stool Sample collected in the container provided earlier.
Dear Ladies, few things for you to take note :
It is advisable to book your appointment around Day 10 - 14 of your menstrual cycle. This is about one week after your last day of menstruation. If you are menstruating on the day of your appointment, please inform the nurses on arrival. You will not be able to do your urine and stool tests, as well as the Pap Smear as the presence of blood in these tests would produce inaccurate results.
If you are going for the Treadmill:
- This test takes about 45 minutes to an hour excluding waiting time.
- Please bring along your jogging attire and shoes for this test. Should you forget, jogging shoes and shorts are provided at our Clinic. Shower facilities are also available.
- Avoid having a heavy meal before undergoing this test.
- If you are on any heart medication, please inform our staff / treadmill nurse before she starts the treadmill test.
- Any heart medication has to be stopped at least 3 days before the treadmill test. If Doctor's advice is needed before stopping any medication, your treadmill appointment can be scheduled for another day after your Health Screening.
If you are going for the Ultrasound:
- The duration of this test is about 30 - 45 minutes excluding waiting time.
- You will be asked to lie on a scanning couch.
- A special gel is smeared onto the area to be examined. This gel will not stain and can be wiped off easily.
- A probe will be moved over the area of examination. There should be no pain or discomfort caused.
If you are going for the Ultrasound (Abdomen):
- Do not take any food at least six hours before the examination.
- If you are a smoker, please refrain from smoking on the day of your appointment until after your ultrasound has been completed.
- Morning Appointment - No breakfast at all please.
- Afternoon Appointment - You may have a very light breakfast but no lunch please.
If you are going for the Ultrasound (Pelvis):
- You may have food or drink before the examination.
- You are required to drink at least 5 - 10 cups of water, as a full bladder is necessary for this examination
- Do not empty your bladder until after your ultrasound has been completed.
If you are going for the X-Ray:
- X-Rays are not recommended for anyone who is pregnant or who has done a similar x-ray less than 6 months ago.
If you are going for the Mammogram:
- Please avoid this examination if you are, or you suspect that you are pregnant.
- Please do not use talcum powder or deodorant before your examination.
- Please bring along previous mammogram films (if any).
- For best mammogram results, please arrange for your examination approximately one week after your last day of menstruation.
If you are going for the Tonometry:
- This test measures the ocular (eye) pressure of the eyeball.
- Please do not put on your contact lenses on the day of examination.
- You are advised to rest for at least 2 - 3 hours post examination before driving any motor vehicles.
If you have any further questions or enquiries, please do not hesitate to call our friendly healthcare coordinator at 64259353 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org